As a lash artist, it is inevitable to get lash glue on our fingertips, hands, tweezers, and even our clothes. (Facepalm!) We’ve all been there, so we know it can sometimes be difficult to remove eyelash extension glue. We’re here to help today! Here are some tips and tricks on how to remove eyelash extension adhesive.
How to Remove Eyelash Extension Glue Off Tweezers
We all know it’s irritating when we are in our groove, creating beautiful lash sets, and we accidentally bump our tweezers in the adhesive. Or we dip our fan a little too far and accidentally get adhesive on the tweezer. Here are some tips to successfully remove adhesive off tweezers:
- PLA offers a specific Tweezer Cleaner that you can use to safely clean your tweezers.
- How To Use PLA Tweezer Cleaner:
- Apply the cleaner to your tweezers where the adhesive is.
- Wait 2-3 minutes.
- Wipe away with a clean paper towel.
- Rinse with water and dry.
- Acetone can remove adhesive, too. Simply use a lint free cotton pad, or even a microfiber brush or lip wand, to buff off the adhesive!
How to Remove Off Skin
Let’s go over how to remove lash glue off of our skin. Every lash artist has been there! We bump our glue dot, getting adhesive on our hand. We clean the adhesive bottle nozzle and accidentally get it on our fingertips. The list goes on!
- If the adhesive has been on your skin long enough to be fully dried, you can use a nail file, or even a body pumice stone, to gently buff off the dried adhesive.
- Acetone is another effective way to remove eyelash extension glue. Simply wet a microfiber brush, lip wand, or Q-tip in the acetone and gently scrub off the adhesive. Acetone is a strong chemical; this is only recommended to get lash glue off your hand, never near the eyes. Be sure to scrub your hands immediately after.
- Nail polish remover, very similar to Acetone, is another substance that can get the lash glue off your skin. Again, be sure to wash your hands thoroughly immediately after.
- Soaking in hot water can help as well; if you do not have access to any of the above, the hot water will help loosen the bond on the skin and you’ll be able to eventually peel the dried adhesive off.
- Oil, such as coconut oil or Vitamin E oil, can also help soften the glue to help peel it off your skin.
How to Remove Lash Glue Off Clothes
- Certain hardware and home improvement stores sell removal products that dissolve adhesives and glues.
- Follow the instructions on the brand's bottle after applying it to the affected area of clothing.
- These are known to work well, but require more time and effort to remove lash glue from clothing.
How to Remove Lash Glue Off a Jade Stone
- One method is to soak your jade stone in nail polish remover or Acetone. Either of these breakdown the bond and the glue will peel off after soaking for approximately 15 minutes.
- Taking a small microfiber brush or lip wand, dipping it in Acetone, and buffing off the glue dot is effective as well.
- Some artists even take a small razor blade (such as a facial razor or brow razor) and chisel the lash glue off the jade stone.
- You can also use the PLA Tweezer Cleaner to remove eyelash extension glue off of your jade stone.
We hope these tips helped you today! For more tips, lash hacks, and inspiration be sure to follow us on all of our social platforms. Happy Lashing, Kings and Queens!